This video is about how much a 1st time DWI or DWAI can raise auto insurance in New York State.
“What’s going to happen to my insurance?”
New York State Insurance Law § 2335 can be complicated to read and understand.
It loosely states that an insurance company CANNOT raise your premiums if you have a traffic infraction
UNLESS it is one of the following situations:
1. speeding more than 15 miles per hour;
2. reckless or speeding resulting in a death;
3. 3 speeding tickets;
4. driving drunk (DWI) or impaired (DWAI);
5. leaving an accident w/o reporting it;
6. racing/speeding contests or running from the police;
7. 2 or more moving violations.
Always consult with an attorney about any criminal or non-criminal charges you have pending to discuss your options and/or defenses.
Reviews of Larry Newman:
Chosen as a 2013 Rising Star in DWI/DUI in Upstate New York by Super Lawyers